Last updated April 17, 2019
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the website or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the website, the choices you make and the features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Name, Contact Data and other Personal Information. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other personal information that you voluntarily provide when using the features of our website.
- Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
- Payment/ Donation Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases or a donation, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
Information automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information), but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Information collected from other sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include social media profile information, marketing leads, and search results and links.
Cookies and other tracking technology
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use personal information collected via our website for a variety of purposes. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations.
We may use your information to:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications and information on our services. We may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes. We may use the personal information you send to us in order to send you information on CSS services and programs.
- To protect our Website. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold and respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our campaigns and to evaluate and improve our website, services, and your experience.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We may share your information based on the following basis:
- Consent: We may share your data if you have given us consent to use your personal information in connection with the services and programs related to our website and to advance our goals, including educational, publicity and fundraising goals.
- Legitimate Interests: We may share your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud or other illegal activities, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may share your personal information in the following situations:
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead Generation
- Content Optimization
Google Site Search and Fast Fonts
- Functionality and Infrastructure Optimization
Salesforce, Phone2Action, WordPress
- Social Media Sharing and Advertising
Facebook social plugins, Twitter social plugins, Instagram social plugins, and YouTube social plugins
- Web and Mobile Analytics
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead Generation
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
5. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
To help protect the privacy of your personal information collected by us, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who need to know that information to provide our services. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of personal information. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees’ privacy responsibilities. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our website is at your own risk. You should only access the website within a secure environment.
6. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the website, you represent that you are at least 18. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You have the rights provided under the laws applicable to where you live. We do not envision offering goods or services to users in the European Economic Area. However, if you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website.
8. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
9. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
California law permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
10. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
11. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at email@example.com or mail us at:
Community Service Society of New York
633 Third Ave
New York, NY 10017
Attn: We The Patients